3D model

MarcSpraragen
3D model

Post by MarcSpraragen » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Can the ARUnityX package (or another part of ARToolkitX) recognize/track 3D targets by any means (in builds for Android/iOS)?

If not, can the current software generate and track a 3D point cloud / feature set from 2D input? (easier said than done, I'm aware :)

How do the scripts store a 2D target pattern and its real-time recognized/tracked features? I would check this myself but can't get the Unity Editor to run the example scenes-- (ARX.dll missing; I commented on forum https://github.com/artoolkitx/arunityx/issues/13 )

philip_lamb

Re: 3D model

Post by philip_lamb » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:20 pm

artoolkitX doesn't at present support 3D model tracking, except through the very limited use case of attaching square markers to 3D object surfaces, e.g. faces of a cube or other shape.

2D feature sets: there are currently two tracking engines which provide this. The newest of these generates the feature sets on the fly from a JPEG input, although you can serialise the state of the tracker and reload it later. The older 2D tracker stores image and feature sets offline. See the tool genTexData for its function.

MarcSpraragen

Post by MarcSpraragen » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi Philip--

Thanks for reply. I will look into a 3D model/target representation for use with the ARCamera.
Let me know if you know anyone who might want to collaborate on this!

Also, I still can't find ARX.dll for Unity/windows. In fact, the x86_64 folder is missing under Assets/Plugins. Is there an older build that has all of the necessary libraries?

Thanks,
--Marc

philip_lamb

Post by philip_lamb » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:34 am

Hi, you can grab ARX.dll from any artoolkitX for Windows release build. Go to http://www.artoolkitx.org/docs/downloads/, download the lastest Windows build, and grab ARX.dll from the folder `SDK\bin` in the downloaded package.

MarcSpraragen

Post by MarcSpraragen » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:44 pm

Thanks, I downloaded artoolkitX.for.Windows.v1.0, and imported the asset ARX.dll (placed in Assets/artoolkitX-Unity/), but according to this runtime error and others like it, the DLL is not found:

DllNotFoundException: Assets/artoolkitX-Unity/ARX.dll
PluginFunctionsARX.arwInitialiseAR (Int32 pattSize, Int32 pattCountMax) (at Assets/artoolkitX-Unity/Scripts/PluginFunctionsARX.cs:102)
ARController.InitializeAR () (at Assets/artoolkitX-Unity/Scripts/ARController.cs:400)
ARController.StartAR () (at Assets/artoolkitX-Unity/Scripts/ARController.cs:575)
ARController.UpdateAR () (at Assets/artoolkitX-Unity/Scripts/ARController.cs:748)
ARController.Update () (at Assets/artoolkitX-Unity/Scripts/ARController.cs:474)

Any precedent/dependent DLLs to load there, or other placement/script changes needed?

Best,
--Marc

SisMoon

Post by SisMoon » Thu May 16, 2019 11:36 pm

Hello,

Do you have an update for the DLL issue? I am using Unity and Windows.

Thank you,
Sis Moon

Huli1984

Post by Huli1984 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:41 pm

Hello, I'm trying to create a new topic but there are issues on the forum itself...
And the whole thing seems dead
However I would need to know if someone has a copy of the c/c++ source for the ARToolKit v6.
If someone reads this thanks in advance